COVID-19 CONDITIONS – KEEPING YOU SAFE AT OUR CONCERTS
UPDATED ON 3 MAY 2022
The active choristers and all full-time SPC staff are double vaccinated. We will be adhering to the relevant NSW public health orders along with the requirements set out by our venue partners to create a safe environment for our audiences, performers and staff. Ticketholders will be informed of any developments and you can also check here our website for regular updates.
We ask you to read and familiarise these Covid-19 conditions. While COVID-19 public health orders and NSW Government guidelines are in place, the terms and conditions under this section will apply.
As conditions and public health orders evolve, we expect you will see changes relating to proof of vaccinations, mask wearing, physical distancing, hall capacity, entry and exit points, security arrangements, queuing, event and door opening times, interval arrangements (there may be no interval), food and beverage service, selling of merchandise and cloak room policies.
We ask you to stay up to date with current requirements and please stay at home if are you are unwell. If you are symptomatic, we may refuse entry to minimise the risk to others.
While this section is in effect, we are offering flexible ticket arrangements which are set out below.
The following conditions now apply in relation to tickets for any Sydney Philharmonia Choirs event:
a) Conditions of entry
Attending a concert while under quarantine or isolation orders is prohibited.
If you appear to have COVID-19 symptoms you may be denied entry or asked to leave. For the safety and wellbeing of everyone, you must not come to our concerts if you:
- feel unwell or if you are displaying any of the COVID-19 symptoms as identified by NSW Health– fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, loss of smell or loss of taste.
- have tested positive for COVID-19 in the 14 days prior or are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test.
- are required to self-isolate or quarantine.
- have been designated a close or casual contact and required to isolate.
- have returned from overseas or have visited a “positive COVID-19 case location” as outlined by the NSW Government in the last 14 days before the day of the concert.
By attending a concert at this time, you voluntarily assume and release Sydney Philharmonia Choirs, its Board, staff and singers from, the risks posed by COVID-19.
b) At the Sydney Town Hall
- Box Office: We will have a Box Office available from one hour prior to the start of the performance. Most patrons will have received e-tickets, so ticket collection at the Box Office will be limited. Of course, please come to Box Office if you have ticketing queries. The Welcome Desk in the foyer can deal with general enquiries.
- Getting to your Seat: There will be three entrance doors and your ticket will indicate the door you should use to get you to your seat. Follow the signs or ask a friendly Front of House person to assist you. Front of House team will direct you to your seat. Please sit only in the seat allocated to you or your group – no change of seats is permitted.
- Etiquette: Practise safe hand hygiene – wash hands regularly and make use of hand sanitising stations. For coughs and sneezes, use a tissue or your elbow, dispose of tissues promptly and hygienically.
- Masks: All ticket holders over the age of 12 must wear a mask. A small number of masks will be available from the Welcome Desk at the venue, should you need one.
- No Cloaking: Minimise the belongings you bring with you as there will be no cloaking facilities.
- No Bars: Bars are also closed.
c) Ticketing & Venue Capacity
- Ticket purchases are only available online or via telephone or at the venue. All tickets are print at home.
- Print at home tickets must be shown at the venue on arrival.
- All concerts will adhere to the maximum allowable capacity of each venue under the COVID-19 public health orders applicable to the particular venue and current at that time.
- Venues may be sold in physically distanced seating patterns as required in line with the COVID-19 public health orders applicable to the particular venue and current at that time.
- Only persons from the same booking may reserve adjacent seats.
d) Ticket Refunds, Credits and Donations
In the event we cancel a performance due to COVID-19, or you have feel you cannot attend due to COVID-19 symptoms, there are three options available.
- Credit: Transfer your ticket/s into a credit on your account for a future concert.
- Refund: If you have COVID-19 symptoms and cannot attend the performance, please contact us 24 hours prior to the performance. Requests made after the concert date are not guaranteed.
- Donate: Please consider donating the value of your ticket back to Sydney Philharmonia Choirs to support the organisation through these difficult times. Please note that all ticket donations are fully tax-deductible. Contact
Call Sydney Philharmonia Choirs Box Office on (02) 8274 6200 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or Sydney Opera house on (02) 9250 7777 (Mon-Sun 9am-5pm). Or email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Except where required by law, we will only provide refunds at our absolute discretion. Under this policy, we will NOT provide a refund for the following conditions:
- You are well and do not wish to attend an event due to fears of exposure to COVID-19;
- You are unwell and do not attend an event (other than due to COVID-19 illness or symptoms);
- You no longer wish to undertake panned travel to Sydney;
- You are a ticket holder from a group at a higher risk of COVID-19;
- You are denied entry into the event for reasons which were disclosed in the ticket terms and conditions at the time of sale. These reasons may include (but not be limited to) vaccination status, non-compliance with mandatory mask-wearing or unwillingness to provide personal contact information when requested;
- You attend the performance and subsequently leave partway through due to feeling unwell.
Ticketholders who, under medical advice, are remaining isolated and are no longer able to attend the performance may request consideration of a discretionary refund by contacting us at email@example.com
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions, please call Sydney Philharmonia Choirs on (02) 8274 6200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org